Cauliflower – 1 medium sized
Besan flour – 4 tblspn
Rice flour- 2 tblspn
Chilly powder – 2 tspn
lemon – 1 tspn
Baking powder – 1 tspn
Baking soda – 1/2 tspn
Asafoedita – 1/2 tspn
Oil for deep frying
Green chilly – 4 sliced
Onion – sliced
1. First cauliflower has to be cleaned. Cut cauliflower into small florets and soak them in hot water for two minutes. Strain the water and set aside.
2. Now in a mixing bowl add Besan flour, rice flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, chilly powder, asafoetida and mix them well.
3. Add lemon juice , adjust water to make a thick batter consistency.
4. Add the cleaned florets to the batter and mix well.
5. Meanwhile heat the oil in the pan for deep frying drop florets one by one to the oil and fry till both the sides turn crispy and golden in colour.
6. Remove the oil and plate them using onion, fried green chillies, curry leaves and enjoy the yummy evening snack with tea or coffee.