Oil – 4 tblspn
Brinjal – 4 to 5
Mustard seeds – 1 tspn
Salt as needed
Coriander powder – 1 tblspn
Chilly powder – 1 tblspn
Turmeric powder – 1 tspn
Onion – 1 chopped
Tomato – 2 nos chopped
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tspn
Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tspn
Coconut grated – 2 tblspn
Red chillies – 2
1. Heat the pan add oil , brinjal and saute all the sides in low flame for 2 mts. Drain the oil and keep the fried brinjal aside.
2. In a pan add onion and saute for few mts.
3. Add ginger garlic paste, tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilly powder, coriander powder, salt, red chillies, grated coconut and saute for 2 to 3 mts.
4. After 2 to 3 mts switch of the flame and grind after it cool downs.
5. In the same pan add oil, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, red chillies, curry leaves and saute.
6. Now add the ground paste, close the lid and cook for 5 Mts.
7. Add tamarind juice, water and bring to boil.
8. Then add the brinjal fried in oil to it , close the lid and cook for 5 mts.
9. Switch of the flame and garnish it with coriander leaves.It goes good with rice.