Beetroot – 1
Tamarind pulp – small ball size
onion – 1 finely chopped
Turmeric powder -1/4 tspn
Green chilly – 1 sliced
salt as required
Mustard seeds -1/4 tspn
cumin seeds -1/4 tspn
Garlic cloves – 2
chilly powder -1/4 tspn
1. Peel the beetroot cut them into small pieces and boil them in water for 5 minutes. Once it’s cooled grind them into a smooth paste.
2. In a pan add oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, garlic cloves,asafoetida, curry leaves and sauté it.
3. Add onion, green chillies and sauté till onion gets cooked.
4. Add tamarind juice to it, turmeric powder, salt, chilly powder and boil for 2 minutes.
5. Now add the beetroot juice to it, coriander leaves and bring to boil for two minutes. Now hot and tasty beetroot rasam is ready to serve with rice.